Thursday, May 31, 2007
concept practical project
I want to use an old phone with a rotating system for dailing numbers to provide information about our upcoming exhibition. By storing soundfiles/recordings/voicemails about every project there on the computer and making it possible with the arduino board to dail these numbers with the phone, visitors of the exibition can use the phone as an information device. A second step would be to make it possible for visitors to leave a message also, and to have these messages stored in the project folders. I can ask the participants if I can record them talking about their project to use this as the sound files. After the exhibition I could give them the recorded feedback. And then there is the bell. If there is time left I could maybe see if I can let the bell take part of the project as well, to have it go off when nobody is neir the phone every 10 minutes maybe. I could try. But I'm taking one step at the time. I'll probably use python to program on the computer. Starting next week... Hopefully I can finish the (maybe first) soldering part next week so I can concentrate on the programming...